Real Vacation Signs
While traveling around the world on your vacation this summer; please
make sure that you read these real signs that were posted:
- In a Paris hotel elevator: "Please leave
your values at the front desk."
- In a Yugoslavian hotel: "The flattening of
underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid".
- Outside a Hong Kong tailor shop: "Ladies
may have a fit upstairs."
- In a Bangkok dry cleaners: "Drop your
trousers here for best results".
- In a Norwegian cocktail lounge: "Ladies are
requested not to have children in the bar."
- In an Acapulco hotel: "The manager has
personally passed all the water served here."
Have a fun and safe summer!
Chinese Chicken Salad
Great for that Summer Picnic
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups raw broccoli florets, (cut large florets into bite sized
- 1-½ cups green beans or Chinese snow peas, remove stems and cut
into bite size pieces
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce (or other lettuce)
- 1 package uncooked Campbell’s Ramen Noodle Soup (discard the
- 3 tbs. honey
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tbs. Seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. Sesame oil
- ½ tbs. Sugar
- ½ tbs. Toasted sesame seeds or almond slices or slivers (Toast by
heating over medium-low heat in small, nonstick sauce or pan, stirring
frequently, until lightly brown.)
1. Poach chicken breasts in chicken broth in medium sized saucepan over
medium-low heat until cooked throughout (about 15 minutes). Remove from
broth and let cool.
2. While chicken is cooking place broccoli and green beans in
microwave-safe covered dish with ¼ cup water and microwave on High for
about 4 minutes or until just barely cooked but still crisp. Drain
vegetables and let cool.
3. Cut chicken diagonally into thin strips. In serving bowl, toss
chicken with broccoli, green beans, carrot, green onions, iceberg lettuce,
and ramen noodles (break into small pieces as you add in).
4. In small food processor or blender (or use a covered jar or a wire
whisk with a small deep bowl) blend dressing ingredients until smooth.
Pour over salad ingredients and toss to coat well. Sprinkle almonds or
sesame seeds over the top.
Per serving: 390 calories, 32 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 11 g
fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 5.5 g fiber, 200 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25
1152 RE vitamin A (144 percent RDA)
73 mg vitamin C (122 percent RDA)
1.1 mg vitamin E (14 percent RDA)